Integrated system that combines:
- Folding, Inserting and Thread Sewing
- Modular design and extreme versatility
- Handles digitally printed sheets up to 500 x 700 mm
- Possibility to personalize every single book at a low price
- Combining Litho signatures with digital ones
Smyth Digitaline is an integrated modular system to bind digitally printed books.
It combines Folding, Inserting and Thread Sewing in one automated solution. Starting from digitally printed sheets, the folding unit feeds directly the sheets into the book sewer. It means that this system is able to take the flat sheets, fold and insert them to create the signature, and then sew the signatures.
All these steps are performed in line automatically so that binders achieve a reduction of labour costs, and at the same time they are able to get a high quality sewn book block at a low price.
That is because they exploit the cost advantage of an automated production line.
Thanks to Smyth Digitaline the process of folding, inserting and thread sewing is now easier, faster and cost effective.